Wednesday, September 16, 2009

LETTING GO...

is not an easy thing for me. I love each one of our children so much and it has given me so much fulfillment as a mother to do all I can for each of them. I feel that it is just part of me to do all I can for them to teach them to be responsible litle people. A big learning curve for me is that I don't have to do it all. This morning I let Noah ride his bike to school with some neighborhood kids who have done it for a while. This gives me a little more time to get the younger ones ready and off to their school. Looking at this photo of Noah is teaching me to have trust in him riding safely and making good decisions and also trusting other people to not ever do a bad thing to one of our children. God has Noah in his hands for the 1/4 of a mile ride to school that I can't see him. It is a minimal ride to school but one that is teaching me a huge lesson to trust in the Lord with all my heart and that He is the watcher of our kids.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I understand. Sigh.... We are always trying to find the balance between protecting them and giving them wings. I'm proud of you for not only stretching but recognizing what your real struggle is. :)

Way to go Noah!

Anonymous said...

This is a fantasic photo!! The best ones aren't posed, they're taken from everyday. Love you!

Patty M said...

Just happened on your blog from Michelle Wooderson's and I can't help but marvel how God does this stuff...Trusting that God is soveriegn and that nothing will happen to our children that God will not use to his glory is one of the hardest thing we face as parent. God will bless you for your trust in him.

I am making bags and have found that Pellon Shir taylor fusible is a good weight and easy to work with. I found it at Joanne's crafts but I'm sure any fabric shop will carry it or something similar.