Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Strawberries



This morning I decided it was a good day to get out and pick strawberries. The kids and I ran a few errands and went to the store to get supplies for jelly so we could make it when we got home. It was so much fun to do this stuff with our kids. They did a fantastic job picking good strawberries and they had fun with it. It was cool and rained for about 5 minutes. Naomi had to run into the truck because she didn't like to be rained on. When it stopped she came out and told me she had prayed to God that he would stop the rain so she could keep picking strawberries. God heard her prayer. She was so proud that she was the one who asked that question to God all on her own and that He listened. It was so great to hear her talk like that as Kevin and I have been teaching the kids they can talk to God whenever and wherever they are. What a moment to remember as she is growing in her trust and faith in God. Meanwhile, in the rain, Max had to have an umbrella which I had to hold over us so he could continue to pick strawberries. Noah said he didn't care if he got wet until he started getting really wet right before the rain stopped. Marlee sat content in her stroller watching us in tired amazement. I let her out of the stroller before we were done and she was sure to be part of the action. Noah led her around and showed Marlee what to do and made sure she was eating good strawberries. He took very good care of her today. I love these things I can do with our kids. They are all so good to be around in this atmosphere. I don't have to worry about them being destructive or running all over. The kids all enjoy to do these types of special things and it makes me love them all the more. Today was a fun day I just love these kinds of summer days.

No comments: