Saturday, July 4, 2009

13 Years Ago...


...I said yes. You asked me to marry you on a beach on Mackinac Island. It was a wonderful moment (even though I forgot for a minute about the beach and was thinking we got engaged watching fireworks up on the hill that evening). Sorry babe:) You remind me to love, to be patient, and to enjoy what is going on around me. We had no idea that our lives would be where they are today. We have lived in a different state, had babies, changed jobs, traveled, made new friends, tried different churches, and still search for new things to discover. I love our life. It has been crazy but it is ours to create. I love you and am still glad I said yes.

The first picture is us on the beach when I moved up to Mackinac and the second one is our engagement photo. Both taken in 1996.

No comments: