Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rain

I love hearing the rain fall. I am sitting here on the couch with the windows open and the sound is just so peaceful. It reminds me of being a child. I remember running around outside in the rain opening my mouth to catch the drops on my tongue. I remember jumping in puddles with the freedom of no worries about how wet I am getting or that I may get sick from being wet. At times I am overly protective of the kids and I need to remember to let go and let them be who they are. Let them discover the world around them instead of creating what I want them to see. Yes, they need protection but they also need freedom to become the beautiful little people they are. I write this just to remind myself to let them experience in their own way the simple things in life and appreciate them for their uniqueness. So, next time it rains I will let the kids run and jump in puddles with no worries on my mind. I will just enjoy watching them without freaking out that they are going to get sick. I want them to create a memory of their own like mine. I love how a sound of nature can remind me of something so sweet in life.

No comments: