Saturday, May 16, 2009

and so it begins...."Mrs. Oosterhouse"


I am starting my blog. We'll see where it goes. I just hope to capture some of the moments that can too quickly be forgotten. So, for my first post is something that will forever be in the back of my mind whenever I see the number from school on the caller id.


For the first time ever I get a call from the principle at the kid's school. "Mrs. Oosterhouse" (now I know something is bad) "I need to talk to you about Max. He peed on a tree at lunch recess." It is all I can do to keep a normal voice so she doesn't know I am cracking up on the other end of the phone. She had me talk to Max and have him tell me what he did. He of course blamed it on the other little boy who did it before him. Peer pressure already! I had to tell him it wasn't a good thing to do in front of other girls and boys and that we would talk to him more when he got home. I guess if that is the worst thing we get a call about from the school that would be perfectly fine. Oh, the joy of having boys.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Ah, boys and the joys of peeing in the woods...or on the playground! :) It's so hard for them to understand why such a thing might be appropriate while, say, camping, but not at school. I would have had a hard time not laughing myself!