Saturday, January 1, 2011

REJOICE 2011

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippian 4:4

the past few years i have had a word for the year. my word for 2011 is rejoice. a lot has been on my mind the past few months. things i can't control. things i have had a hard time letting go of. things that take up way too much of my mind and heart which then take attention off what i need to be focusing on-my family and my relationship with God. i prayed a lot for peace and the thing that kept coming up to me was to rejoice always. there is a song that a friends little girl was singing "rejoice in the lord always, again i say rejoice". the next day that song wouldn't get out of my mind. that was the time i realized that this needed to be my word. i need to remember the always part-especially in the times i may not feel like rejoicing. i have been given so much in my life. i look forward to times and experiences this year that will bring me closer to God and the people in my life as i choose to rejoice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your word sweet, beautiful, and creative woman of God. I love your heart the most. Fighting for that joy with you. Rejoice and give thanks. I think that is a great place to start anew. Awesome sister. Love ya. Trace

Dorothy said...

Amy,
You are an inspiration to me and truly a woman after God's Heart. Your blog is beautiful, just like you. I want a REJOICE canvas... and to hang out sometime with you!

jeanne keena